There are a few ways you can lower your monthly premiums for car and homeowners insurance policies.
When it comes to car or auto insurance consider the following:
- One way is to think about raising your deductible, which is the amount you need to pay out before your coverage kicks in. If you have an older car that already has a few dings or dents, you may want to consider doing without collision coverage, which covers damage to your car.
- You should also insure all of the cars you own with the same company, lowering your premiums through multi-car packages.
- Become a better driver. You are likely to get more for your money if you have a good driving record. Some insurers offer discounts if you take a qualifying defensive drivers course.
- Good students can also save money, as some insurers will lower premiums based on good grades.
- Lastly, quit the habit. Statistically speaking, smokers have more accidents than nonsmokers.
When it comes to lowering the cost of that dwelling policy keep these things in mind:
- One way to keep costs down is to insure multiple policies, such as auto and home, with the same company. With some companies, this may translate into a discount for both policies.
- Raising your deductible (the amount you pay before your coverage starts) will also result in a lower premium. In this case, it’s important to ask yourself what level of deductible you will be able to afford at any given time.
- And, finally, you can take advantage of insurance discounts by installing monitored fire or burglar alarms.
For more great tips, make sure to contact your friendly Fullhart Insurance agent today.