Try out these suggestions to deal with your car sickness.
Car sickness, also known as motion sickness, is a common disturbance of the inner ear that is caused by repetitive motion such as the movement of a car. Car sickness can result in feelings of headache, nausea, vomiting, dizziness, and a general sense of not being well. If you struggle with car sickness, try out these tips to help you feel better.
1) Before you set out on a long car ride, make sure you avoid eating or drinking things that do not agree with your or that make you feel especially full. Rich, spicy, or fatty foods can worsen the symptoms of car sickness.
2) If you feel yourself starting to become nauseous, open a window. The fresh air and coolness of the wind will help you feel less sick.
3) Avoid sitting in the backseat of cars; looking out the car window can make your symptoms worse. This is because seeing the scenery whiz by makes the motion of the vehicle seem more dramatic. Sitting in the passenger seat will reduce your chances of getting car sick because you can look ahead rather than to the side.
4) Do you best to isolate yourself from people who are discussing car sickness or who are feeling ill themselves. Oftentimes, hearing about other people’s symptoms can make you feel sick as well.
5) If your motion sickness is especially severe, speak to your doctor about over-the-counter medications that might help you manage your symptoms. For instance, medications such as meclizine and scopolamine can help reduce the severity of your motion sickness.
Try out these suggestions to help you better manage your car sickness symptoms. Want a way to stay safe while on the road? Make sure you have the proper auto insurance protections in place. For assistance with your insurance, contact the professionals at Fullhart Insurance Agency. Serving all of Waldport, Reedsport, Sisters, Tigard, and the surrounding areas in Oregon, we serve all your personal and commercial insurance needs.