Other Resources

Here are useful links to some websites that can provide you with more information about different types of insurance, associated legislation, and other related topics:

Many of our carriers offer additional discounts for taking an approved defensive drivers’ course. Below are links to some resources where you can obtain such certification. Please confirm that the program you choose will be accepted by your insurance carrier and qualify you for the discount before signing up for a class.

No one likes accidents, but in the event that you have one, we’ll make sure your claim is handled in an accurate, fair, and timely manner so that you can get back to living your life. Should you find yourself needing to file a claim, here’s what you can expect:

  • As a Fullhart Insurance policy holder, you have the option of contacting your Fullhart Insurance Agent at our local contact numbers during business hours or directly contacting your carrier 24 hours a day via phone or online.
  • A claims representative will contact you as soon as possible to answer your questions and schedule an inspection of your vehicle or property. Be sure to discuss any questions you have about deductibles, what’s covered, or the repairs with your claims representative at this time.
  • If this is an auto claim, your vehicle can be taken to the repair shop of your choosing, not ours. If you need help selecting a repair shop, we can suggest options for you.
  • Your carrier representative will keep you posted on the progress of your claim and will provide you with contact information should you need to follow up.
  • You can always contact your Fullhart Insurance Agent for help with handling your claims situation.

How to File an Auto Claim 
How to File a Homeowners’ Claim
Carrier Claims Numbers and Online Forms

How to File an Auto Claim
To file a claim, follow these steps:

  1. Call your insurance agent as soon as possible, regardless of who is at fault. Find out whether you’re covered for this loss. Even if the accident appears minor, it is important that you let your insurance company know about the incident.
  2. Ask your insurance agent or company representative how to proceed and what forms or documents are needed to support your claim. Your insurance company will require a “proof of claim” form and, if there is one, a copy of the police report. Increasingly, companies allow you to monitor the progress of your claim on their website.
  3. Supply the information your insurer requests. Fill out the claim form carefully. Keep good records. Get the names and phone numbers of everyone you speak with and copies of any bills related to the accident.
  4. Ask your insurance agent or company representative the following:
    • Does my policy contain a time limit for filing claims and submitting bills?
    • Is there a time limit for resolving claims disputes?
    • If I need to submit additional information, is there a time limit?
    • When can I expect the insurance company to contact me?
    • Do I need to get repair estimates for the damage to my car?
    • Will my policy pay for a rental car while my car is being repaired? If so, how much?
  5. Remember, each state has its own laws governing the claims process. If you have any questions, call your insurance agent, company representative, or state insurance department.

How to File a Homeowners’ Claim

If someone has become injured on your property or if a violent storm destroys your home, you will need to file a claim with your insurance company. Remember, a homeowners’ insurance policy is a contract between you and your insurance company. And there are rules and procedures that you and your insurer must follow. Read your insurance policy to see what your responsibilities are.

  1. Report any crime to the police.
    If you are the victim of a theft or your home has been vandalized or burglarized, report it to the police. Get a police report and the names of all law enforcement officers that you speak with.
  2. Phone your agent or company immediately.
    Insurance policies place a time limit on filing claims. Find out what the time limit is. Ask questions: Am I covered? Does my claim exceed my deductible? (Your deductible is the amount of loss you agree to pay when you buy a policy.) How long will it take to process my claim? Will I need to obtain estimates for repairs to structural damage?
  3. Make temporary repairs.
    Take reasonable steps to protect your property from further damage. Save receipts for what you spend and submit them to your insurance company for reimbursement.
  4. Prepare a list of lost or damaged articles.
    You are going to need to substantiate your loss. Avoid throwing out damaged items until the adjuster has visited your home. You should also consider photographing or videotaping the damage. Prepare a home inventory, make a copy for your adjuster, and supply him or her with copies of receipts from damaged items.
  5. If you need to relocate, keep your receipts.
    If your home is severely damaged and you need to find other accommodations while repairs are being made, keep records of all additional expenses incurred. Most homeowners’ insurance policies provide coverage for the “loss of use” of your home.
  6. Get claim forms.
    Once your insurance company has been notified of your claim, the company is required to send you the necessary claim forms by the end of a specified time period. (The time period varies from state to state.) Return the properly filled out forms as soon as possible in order to avoid delays.
  7. Have an adjuster inspect the damage to your home.
    Your insurance company will probably arrange for an adjuster to come and inspect your home.

Once you and your insurance company agree on the terms of your settlement, state laws require that you be sent payment promptly. In most cases, your claim will be processed quickly. If you have any questions about the claim filing laws in your state, call your insurance agent or your state department of insurance.

Carrier Claims Numbers and Online Forms


Chubb Group of Insurance Companies:

Foremost Insurance Company: 
1-800-274-7865 (auto)

Kemper Preferred:

Liberty Northwest:

1-800-854-6011 (auto & home); 1-800-638-5000 (life)

Oregon Mutual:




The Hartford: 
1-800-243-5860 (personal auto & home); 1-877-805-9918 (AARP auto & home); 1-800-327-3636 (business)

1-800-252-4633 (personal insurance); 1-800-238-6225 (business insurance)


Get a FREE Quote Today!  Contact Us